Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to OCSM, ATTN: D. Rydell, 346 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820.
The Orpheum Children's Science Museum is seeking a dynamic candidate for the position of Executive Director. A bachelor's degree is required optimally in science, business or education and at least two years experience in museum management, non-profit management, education, fundraising or marketing.
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Direct and participate in fundraising, grant writing and business development.
- Provide oversight to daily operations, staff and building maintenance of OCSM.
- Oversee fundraising initiatives including the identification of and outreach to potential individuals, corporations, foundations and public funding sources.
- Identify and seek out opportunities for earned revenue through programming and events that support OCSM goals and objectives.
- Increase membership numbers for OCSM.
- Foster relationships with members and community partners.
- Advise the Board of Directors of trends, needs and growth opportunities and strategies in the children's museums field and specifically for OCSM.
The Orpheum is no longer accepting applications for this position.
If interested in other positions, feel free to submit your resume/CV and cover letter. We will consider your application for six months from send date.