Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to OCSM, ATTN: D. Rydell, 346 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820.
The Orpheum Children's Science Museum is seeking a dynamic candidate for the position of Executive Director. A bachelor's degree is required optimally in science, business or education and at least two years experience in museum management, non-profit management, education, fundraising or marketing.
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Direct and participate in fundraising, grant writing and business development.
- Provide oversight to daily operations, staff and building maintenance of OCSM.
- Oversee fundraising initiatives including the identification of and outreach to potential individuals, corporations, foundations and public funding sources.
- Identify and seek out opportunities for earned revenue through programming and events that support OCSM goals and objectives.
- Increase membership numbers for OCSM.
- Foster relationships with members and community partners.
- Advise the Board of Directors of trends, needs and growth opportunities and strategies in the children's museums field and specifically for OCSM.