Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to OCSM, ATTN: D. Rydell, 346 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820.
The Orpheum Children's Science Museum is seeking a dynamic candidate for the position of Executive Director. A bachelor's degree is required optimally in science, business or education and at least two years experience in museum management, non-profit management, education, fundraising or marketing.
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Direct and participate in fundraising, grant writing and business development.
- Provide oversight to daily operations, staff and building maintenance of OCSM.
- Oversee fundraising initiatives including the identification of and outreach to potential individuals, corporations, foundations and public funding sources.
- Identify and seek out opportunities for earned revenue through programming and events that support OCSM goals and objectives.
- Increase membership numbers for OCSM.
- Foster relationships with members and community partners.
- Advise the Board of Directors of trends, needs and growth opportunities and strategies in the children's museums field and specifically for OCSM.
The Orpheum is no longer accepting applications for the Executive Director position.
If interested in other positions, feel free to submit your resume/CV and cover letter. We will consider your application for six months from send date.
Museum Associate - Currently accepting applications!
The Orpheum Children's Science Museum is seeking applicants for the part-time position of Museum Associate (entry-level). The Museum Associate (MA) provides a positive and friendly face for the museum and facilitates the safety and security of visitors in the museum. The MA assists with the maintenance and cleaning of the museum, gift shop sales, animal care, bookkeeping, and provides direction to volunteers. Preferred Qualifications: • Prior experience working with kids. • Interest in science and education. • Previous cash handling experience. • Experience caring for small animals and reptiles • Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups. • Ability to react positively to a rapidly changing environment and make good decisions under pressure and in the absence of the Executive Director. • Must be able to lift 25 lbs. • Ability to work with diverse staff and visitors. Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or by mail to OCSM, ATTN: R. Dunn, 346 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820.