Renowned for its exquisite architecture, the Orpheum is located in the heart of Downtown Champaign, where it has been a celebrated landmark since 1914. With superb acoustics, magnificent decor, and lavish configuration options, this venue offers a distinctive setting for weddings, receptions, corporate functions, and private parties. The Orpheum Theatre is a one-third scale model of the opera house at Versailles, which was constructed for the wedding of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. Many of the original features are newly restored to their former opulence, including the gilded ornamental plaster and vaulted ceilings that distinguish its French Renaissance and Baroque design.
- The Orpheum Theatre encompasses 7500 square feet that can accommodate groups of up to 600 for receptions and up to 400 for seated dining.
- Overlooking the main floor is a sweeping balcony comprised of 18 loge boxes. It serves as a breathtaking backdrop, lending architectural elegance to any occasion.
- The Petit Foyer is a stunning, two-story space featuring a curving staircase and balcony with intricately embossed plaster reliefs, which grace the ceilings, cornices, and walls. This space is ideal for up to 75 people to enjoy socializing before or during the event.
- Located in the heart of Champaign, the Orpheum is a cornerstone of the cultural renaissance of the city’s downtown area.
- Ample parking surrounds the facility, with adjacent city lots to both the east and west and a four-story parking deck across Neil Street.
- Designed as an opera house, the Theatre boasts magnificent acoustics, a vaudeville-era stage, and nearly 100 years of service to the community.
- The Orpheum is pleased to work with the caterer of your choice, ensuring that your guests will enjoy your preferred hors-d'oeuvres, wine, spirits and main courses.